Home > News > Do you want to change your accountant?

Do you want to change your accountant?

January 1st, 2010

It can be a very daunting thing to do, but changing your accountant need not be stressful and as we are professionals, it will be done smoothly and without much direct involvement from you.

Ideally, you need to write to your existing accountant notifying them of your intention to change accountant and giving them the name of the accountancy firm
you are moving to so that they know who they can expect to hear from. This isn’t mandatory and sometimes accountants first hear of the change from the incoming accountant, but it is best to forewarn your accountant. The new accountant will write to your old accountant to ask for clearance (this is a professional obligation which ensures that any matters which the new accountant should be aware of are passed on at this stage). The new accountant will ask for copies of any accounts and tax returns with supporting documentation so that they can properly take over acting for you.

You will need to sign an engagement letter with your new chartered accountants in Brighton & Hove and your new accountant will probably apply online with HM Revenue & Customs to become your agent. You give your approval to this by passing on the code that the Revenue post out to you to your new accountant.

That’s it!

News ,

Comments are closed.